Sunday, April 12, 2015


Let’s face it, most days I feel like, what one of my favorite school counselors would call, a hot mess.  I barely make it out the door on time, mostly get my family where it needs to go with two shoes on (mostly…not always), spend all day trying to keep 150+ high school kids on-task and interested, come home and pretend that I like cooking and cleaning, and then repeat the next day.  I cycle through this day after day trying to take care of everyone; everyone but me.

I’m in my eighth year of teaching and my third school.  Between my various positions, I’ve now worked with every single grade from kindergarten to seniors.  It doesn’t matter what level I teach at or what kind of school I teach in, I see one common theme; we don’t take care of ourselves.  This blog is aimed at teachers because I am one, but this really fits so many people.  We rush through our days focused on the various hats we wear and the people in our lives.  They’re important, don’t get me wrong, but so are we!

I’ve slowly come to realize that if I don’t take care of myself, everything else suffers too.  Those days when I feel like I’m failing miserably, I realize I forgot to eat breakfast, haven’t worked out in a month, or 100 other things I SHOULD have done to look after myself.  So that’s why I’ve created this blog. 

It doesn’t matter if you’re a teacher, a mom, a nurse, a lawyer, or any other amazing job.  It doesn’t matter if you’re 22 and fresh out of college or 65 and looking to retire.  We can stop and take care of ourselves!  Am I an expert at this?  Heck no, but I want others on the journey with me.  This blog will look at everything from what we put IN our bodies, what we put ON our bodies, what we do WITH our bodies, and everyday life in between.  I’ll take you inside my classroom, my home, and my life in the hopes that you’ll do the same!  Take me with you wherever you go and share!
 
 
Here's me in all my glory, covered in mud (how I feel most days).  Come along with me and subscribe, share and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment